Field Kit, Journal
The quality of what you capture is framed by the quality of the tools you use.
The Field Kit, Journal includes:
- Studio D No.8 Journal, Size A5 x 1
- Nomads Pen Case, Slate Grey x 1
- Mitsubishi Boxy Pen x 1
- Pentel GraphGear 1000 Mechanical Drafting Pencil x 1
No. 8 Journal and Nomads Pen Case also sold separately.
All of the products in the Field Kit, Journal are designed for use on Studio D field assignments, where planning, sketching and documenting experiences are paramount.
We’ve partnered with Tokyo based print union Inkaren to bring you the No. 8 Journal.
- A5 148 x 230 mm / 5.8" x 9"
- 5x5 mm Graph
- 50 micro-perforated sheets for easy tear-off
- Tri-folded cover in heavyweight chipboard
- Black cloth bound
Originally designed for Studio D field crew, the No. 8 Journal is exclusively available through SDR Traveller.
The unique tri-fold cover protects the journal when not in use, and provides sturdy support for journaling and drawing while on the road. The Japanese build quality is second to none, includes 5x5mm grid lines in subtle warm gray, and a clear header for categorising assignments and titles.
Made in Japan.
Writing & Technical Drawing
The kit includes two other travel favourites.
- Mitsubishi Boxy black pen. This pocketable pen with a retractable nib, performs consistently for journaling, note taking and cross-border form filling.
- Pentel GraphGear 1000 Mechanical Drafting Pencil. The GraphGear has a 0.5mm lead, brushed metal barrel with chiseled grip and a retractable tip, ideal for the rough and tumble of travel.
Made in Japan.
Nomads Pen Case
The Nomads Pen Case is made from ultra light SDRT Grade Dyneema in Slate Grey. The fabric starts out crisp, and after a few months of use will achieve a matte, crumpled state, while retaining its waterproof properties. It is one of the few technical fabrics that feels better with age. The inner coating will resist pen stains. Non-waterproof YKK zippers are graded for easy access.
Dimensions: L8.5" (8" zip opening) x H3" x W1.5" (at base)
Made in California.
The process and craftsmanship of our print partner, Inkaren.
Photos: above Inkaren Tokyo, and below decompression and reflection time in Yakushima.